Good afternoon Gentlemen
Port Dover is coming up rather quickly.
I checked with Ian Bell and registrations have been rather light to date. If any are going, we would appreciate getting your registrations in.
Also of note, they will be taking a break after this year to allow other major bicentennial events the proper focus and attention. I believe Port Dover is focusing on 2014 for their year.
I would be quite happy to answer any questions around this event. By email or I will be at Stoney Creek this weekend!
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Port Dover Museum <PortDover.Museum@...
To: Tom Fournier <tom4141fournier@...
Sent: Wed, May 25, 2011 3:40:11 PM
Please Join us again this June for the
MARINE HERITAGE FESTIVAL
A Great Weekend of Action on Land and Sea!
REGISTER NOW - Download registration form at:
· June 17 Education Day for Schools (at Harbour Museum)
· Afternoon Land Battles 2:00 PM Saturday & Sunday
· Saturday Night "Battle On The Beach" with gunboats and brigantine
· Morning Skirmishes at 11:00 AM
· Sail-Training Cruises on brigantine St. Lawrence II (see website for details)
· In-Town Encampment at Silver Lake with nearby parking
· Farmers' market next to encampment
· Great landscape for daytime battles
· Naval Encampment along the Lynn River at Harbour Museum
· Complimentary On-site Breakfast by Port Dover Scouts
· Music & Entertainment at Silver Lake Park & Harbour Museum
Due to the upcoming War of 1812 Bicentennial, this will be our last event like this for a year or two, so we want to make it a good one. We look forward to seeing you this father's Day Weekend!
Port Dover Harbour Museum