Lace Books?

  • Alexander John Good
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2011
      List,

      Can anyone advise as to whether there are any lace books in existence that have drummers lace samples, besides the Pearse Tailor's Book in the Canadian War Museum? Any help would be appreciated.

      Sincerely,

      Alex Good
    • belleville1755
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2011
        Alex,

        Not sure if this covers the time period desied:

        The Lace Wars, Part I Fr, Brit & Prussian Infantry 1700-1800 by Liliance & Fred Funcken, ISBN 0-7063-5562-7.

        Doc S.

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Alexander John Good" <Myrmiddon@...> wrote:

        > List,
        >
        > Can anyone advise as to whether there are any lace books in existence that have drummers lace samples, besides the Pearse Tailor's Book in the Canadian War Museum? Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        >
        > Alex Good

      • Ross Flowers
        Message 3 of 3 , May 20, 2011
          Alex
          There is a recently published book entitled "British Napoleonic Uniforms" by C. Franklin. He provides considerable information about drummers lace for the various regiments and relies in part on the Pearse notes
          Drums