Tecumseh and Proctor

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5 5:29 PM
      I think it is safe to state that Tecumseh and Proctor didn't exactly have the sort of positive relationship that Tecumseh had quickly developed with Brock. For that matter, Proctor doesn't seem to have had a particularly productive relationship with anyone in his area of command, except the junior officers who formed his personal staff...

      Proctor was not an inspirational "people-person" sort of leader. He appears to have been the exact opposite, in fact. Rarely took his subordinates in to his confidence, never thought it necessary to explain anything to his men, never gave a speech, kind of devious in his dealings with Tecumseh... A good administrator, with some strategic abilities, but few battlefield tactical skills - and way, way out of his depth given the dire situation the Right Division found itself in for most of 1813...

      Jim Yaworsky