Stoney Creek - Parking

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2011
      To: All those registered, or about to register for the Stoney Creek reenactment, June 3-5, 2011. IMPORTANT NOTICE.
      ! The Organizing Committee is looking forward to a great event this year at Stoney Creek. It is the 30th anniversary of the founding of the event, so we anticipate good numbers of participants. ! Parking at the event is never an easy topic to deal with, and this year, one of our main locations, the nearby arena, is not available due to construction. The Staff at Battlefield House have secured ample parking for all participants - at Confederation Park, north of the battlefield site near the lake.
      ! A shuttlebus service has also been arranged for all three days of the event from the parking area to the site. We anticipate it running at peak times (arrival, Saturday evening, site closure) every 10 to fifteen minutes. The journey is approximately 10 minutes.
      ! We are fortunate to have secured the facilities at Confederation Park, which has very adequate space for all vehicles. We also hope that you understand the need for doing this. We know you will cooperate for a smooth running of the event. !
      In the registration package full information on the location, bus schedules etc. will be given.
      At the new parking site security will be provided.
      I Remain, Yrs etc.
      Ray Hobbs AdC to Colonel Williams
      and on behalf of the Organizing Committee