Longwoods thanks!

  • Sioux
    Message 1 of 16 , May 1, 2011
      Thank you to everyone who came out to Longwoods this weekend and helped make it a great kick-off for our season. I was sorry to be there for as little of it as I was (two events the same weekend is not recommended, BTW, especially when they're two different time periods), but it was delightful to see so many people out and clearly enjoying themselves. Even though we have all come home with wet canvas, we did get one lovely day -- and at least it didn't snow, like the last time Longwoods fell on the April/May split weekend!

      Thanks to my fellow organizers, the Royal Scots Lights, for all of your hard work in putting the event together -- it certainly showed. Thanks to Gayle Allen of 4 and 20 Blackbirds, Sutler Cyrus, and Brad Stott of the Scots Lights for stepping in and managing my job when I couldn't be there. And my personal thanks (huge ones) to Corinne and Kirby Seabourne, who manned my tent and did just a fabulous job of keeping everything together when I was running back and forth between events.

      It was just great to see everyone, and I look forward to having a chance to visit at a little more leisurely pace at Stoney Creek one month from now.

      Woo hoo -- here we go for another re-enacting season! Ain't it grand?

      Cheers,
      -- Sioux