BBC Announcement of Prof. Holmes' passing

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2011
      List:Here is the BBC website with news of Richard Holmes' death.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13251220
      No cause of death is given, but he had been very ill for sometime, and the last communication I had from him he was "optimistic" about his prospects.Sadly that optimism was not to be fulfilled.
      He had agreed to come to Canada next year and to be the keynote speaker at the 1812 Symposium in February.
      Yrs etc.Ray Hobbs

    • Sioux
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2011
        Sad news indeed! He will be greatly missed by our community and by many others as well. I always found his books tremendous resources, filled with useful and well-documented information.

        My condolences to his family and friends.
        -- Sioux