Re: 1812 British army paymasters

  • Tim Pickles
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2011
      Wonderful movie, though of course Captain Duberly was paymaster of the 8th, not the 11th hussars. Actually in the 1846 regulations a rather strange distinction of the paymaster of the 11th was that his cap lines were black, not gold. I don't doubt that such strange distinctions happened earlier but just what and when are rather in the realms of speculation.

      Aye