Warning, Corss Post: Guelph Museums Talk

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2011
      I hope people do mind, many of our colleagues are also WW1 reenactors, this may be of interest. Also, Guelph Museums have been very supportive of our educations around the War of 1812.

      McCrae House itself, is a delightful visit:

      Vimy Ridge Day Talk –

      "Two Soldiers of the Great War"

      Saturday, April 9

      Presentations at 2 pm

      & repeated at 4 pm

      The Government of Canada declared April 9 as "Vimy Ridge Day", to honour and remember the battle that took place at Vimy Ridge, France, in 1917, during the First World War. This year's talk presented by Guelph Museums' Ken Irvine will look at two young men, Duncan Robert Irvine and Clifford Minto Harrison, who both left their family farms and came to Guelph to join the Canadian Forces Artillery. Admission by donation.

      McCrae House is located at 108 Water Street in Guelph.

      Please call 519-836-1221 or visit www.guelph.ca/museum for more details.