Re: 1812 Not so white guys with guns!

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
      Ray, Charlie, Craig. The report was written in 1993 by Dr. Shelley Saunders of McMaster University. The study was conducted because it was rumoured that the bones were native and not soldiers killed at Lundy's Lane. The skulls were measured and analyzed based on 35 different measurements.

      Sadly, I never got to see the skulls and there are no deatiled pictures of them. (There were also several leg bones!)

      As to how they died, my best guess is that they were KIA. The wounded were taken back to Ft George and worked on there and the dead were buried or burned.

      I have been learning a lot about skulls today!!

      KW