RE: 1812 U.S. losing battle of funds - article

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2011
      In no way am I belittling the $$ that was given to me to build a new
      visitors centre! However, the article is stating that this $ was part of a
      bicentennial initiative and that the US is somehow behind on things!

      That $ was given to us because the timing was right, but if it was 2016 that
      $ could have gone to roads and sewers.

      So while I appreciate what the provincial and federal gov't have done, the
      US are not losing here! They may need to "think out of the box" and not
      just ask for $ for the bicentennial, but to re-think other programmes.

      So I think the best thing we can do for them is to call it what it is!

      KW

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 7, 2011
        Greetings All!
        In the actual period, the US was not too supportive of the War.  The British  were fighting to stop invasion of their country. Has time really changed things? Kudos to the Canadian Government for their support of History.  Most Americans just forget. God Save the United States & Our friends in Canada!