Re: Peg Kellins

  • Soo
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2011
      Thanks for telling us Sioux.
      The email addy that you posted doesn't work. In the meantime, please pass on my best wishes to Peg for Harry and I.

      Sue Too

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Sioux" <spencersmercantile@...> wrote:

      > Dear folks --
      >
      > I'm sure that almost everyone in re-enacting knows weaver Peg Kellins -- she's been on the circuit of events for years with her little shop, selling woven goods, yarn, looms, and the like. Unfortunately, it appears that our Peg has had a minor stroke. She's doing as well as might be expected -- the important stuff appears to be unimpaired at this point, although she is experiencing some weakness and unreliability on the left side of her body. She'll be off the road for a while, of course, as she'll be receiving rehabilitative therapy. Her spirits are good, and she's recuperating under the watchful eye of her daughter in Toronto.
      >
      > If I know Peg, she'll be missing us and wishing that she was able to get out to events and see us all, so I'm sure that she'd appreciate it if folks could drop her a quick note to let her know that we're thinking about her. Her address is: weavinn@...
      >
      > Please keep her in your thoughts and send good wishes her way.
      >
      > -- Sioux

    • Chris Pohlkamp
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2011
        Thank you Sioux
        Do you have a physical address we can send a card to?
        Chris/Checomick from
        On-Gwe-Ho-Way

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2011
          Spoke with Peg this afternoon -- she's in good spirits and is feeling fine, although she has a little remaining weakness and lack of co-ordination in her left side. She is being VERY well looked after by her daughter and grandson, and her grandson will accompany her when she heads back home to Clinton. She'll be in Toronto for a couple of weeks, and may or may not be able to pick up email during that time -- however, she will get messages when she gets home at weavinn(at)eastlink.ca (replace the (at) with the @ sign).

          The very good news is that it was a very minor stroke, and she is expected to make a more or less full recovery.

          If you want to send her a physical card or note, her address is as follows:

          Peg Kellins
          227 Huron Street
          P.O. Box 527
          Clinton, ON
          N0M 1L0

          Cheers,
          -- Sioux
        • Luthien Tinuviel
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 7, 2011
            Greetings!

            Does anyone know where one can buy 100% wool yarn, suitable for making the
            shoulder pompoms on British uniforms?

            Thanks,
            Beck
            RNR

          • Greg Renault
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 7, 2011
              Becky,
              There are shops here that sell nothing but yarn! How much do you want?
              Greg