FW: Our FIRST 1812 Book Release

  • David Brunelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2011
      FYI

      David J. Brunelle, OCT

      Project Director

      Southern Georgian Bay

      War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee

      705-716-7124

      www.1812bicentennial.com

      SGB Logo English.jpg

      Hello 1812 Folks: I am delighted to announce that we have finished our
      first 1812 book. Please open the attachment for details .

      12 Hours That Saved A Country - The Battle of Queenston Heights - October
      13th 1812

      Author & Artist is Cameron Porteous

      We will have copies on display (and for sale) at the Binational Summit at
      the Americana Conference Resort in Niagara Falls on March 10th and 11th.

      We are doing a preview scoop at the NOTL Historical Society & Museum this
      morning.

      Other books in the works:

      2nd book will feature many pictures and stories of 1812 era Ships - (Volume
      1)

      3rd book is "Rural Raids" - the story of the Upper Canada countryside
      featuring people stories, following trails across the north shore of Lake
      Erie.

      Our 18 months of intense research, travelling and gathering stories and
      paintings for the Binational 1812 Art Collection has resulted in Touring
      Exhibitions, Teaching Panels, cards and prints, and now these books. More
      to come!

      Please do not hesitate to contact me via email if you have any suggestions,
      questions or concerns. The art/history collection is growing in leaps and
      bounds and will truly be a wonderful lasting legacy of the bicentennial of
      the War of 1812.

      Binatinal Art Collection logo.gif

      Linda Stanley

      BiNational 1812 Art Collection