Re: War of 1812 recruiting posters

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
      In BNA at the time of the War of 1812 it was mostly fencibles that recruited through things like posters. Regulars recruited in the British Isles (with rare exceptions) and Militia flank companies simply by word of mouth within their own districts. There is an example of a Glengary Light Infantry poster in the on-line War of 1812 magazine, courtesy of Robin Brass:

      http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/Warof1812/2006/Issue1/c_glengarry.html

      Ron

    • Ed
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 7, 2011
        I just uploaded a picture of a Royal Marine recruiting poster to an album called 'Recruiting Posters'. It's actually from a Word document I created some time ago using an actual RM poster as an example.

        Sorry this is late; still not getting emails from this one group.

        Cheers,
        Ed Seufert
        1812 Royal Marines