RE: 1812 Sodiers average daily routine

  • David Brunelle
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2011
      Thanks Peter!

      David J. Brunelle, OCT
      Project Director
      Southern Georgian Bay
      War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee
      705-716-7124

      -----Original Message-----
      From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of peter monahan
      Sent: February-27-11 8:15 PM
      To: warof1812@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: 1812 Sodiers average daily routine

      Dave

      I´ll send the gent some general info. for his daughter, but I´m not at home
      so not sure I can do the detail he wants. If anyone else is interested,
      feel free to pile on!

      Peter Monahan
      petemonahan@...
      705-435-0953h / 705-792-8995c

      > To: 1812_ProgressiveCampaigner@yahoogroups.com; WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      > CC: gm@...
      > From: davidbrunelle@...
      > Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 19:02:05 -0500
      > Subject: 1812 Sodiers average daily routine
      >
      > Hi Everyone,
      >

      > I received an inquiry about a soldiers daily routine if anyone can help
      Gary please respond to him directly.

      > Thanks!
      >

      > David J. Brunelle, OCT
      >
      > Project Director
      >
      > Southern Georgian Bay
      >
      > War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee
      >
      > 705-716-7124

      you with the hope that you could provide me with some information. My
      daughter is in grade 8 and has a school project to do. It’s about the day in
      the life of a soldier. The project has to have a Newfoundland connection and
      be from the 1700’s or 1800’s. After doing some initial research, we have
      decided to focus the project on a soldier from the Royal Newfoundland
      Regiment during the War of 1812.

      > I found your website to be helpful and informative but I’m hoping you
      personally could provide us with a bit more information. It would be no
      trouble to do a project about the regiment in general. There is tons of good
      information on that subject. But the project specifies that it has to be
      about a day in the life of a soldier. Basically what he would do from the
      time he got up to the time he went to bed. I am not having a lot of success
      finding this type of information. Through your experiences in doing these
      re-enactments, I’m wondering if you could give us a bit of insight into
      this.

      > Anything you could provide us with would be greatly appreciated. As well,
      if you have any other suggestions, feel free to pass them along. I thank you
      for your time...