1812 Muster & Encampment, Greenfield Village Dearborn, MI., Aug 20 & 21

  • idasr4us
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2011
      Dear List Members,

      I have made a folder available among the files of the War of 1812 Yahoo Files titled
      "Greenfield Village Invitation". In there is an invitation to join the 1st
      Regiment Volunteers in a muster upon the common ground at Greenfield Village,
      Dearborn Michigan, August 20 & 21st 2011. This is our first event as a
      sponsoring body and we are crafting this event to the hope that it will draw
      those individuals who take particular care in regards to their personal
      impressions and martial deportment.

      Admission is by individual "juried" application. As you may know the Henry Ford
      Museum and Greenfield Village complex is a nationally recognized institution
      with a broad range interests for everyone. Period vendors will be present.
      Civilian and military impressions welcome. This is an encampment and not a
      tactical.

      If you have any more questions concerning this first-time event for our early
      19th century time period contact Brian Egan – Special Programs manager,
      Greenfield Village or Ken Osen, 1st Regiment Volunteers Infantry (contact info
      on the the form)

      Thank you and have an enjoyable 2011 season!

      Craig Fisher
      1rst Regiment Volunteers
      www.firstregiment.com