Re: 1812 Introduction

  • James
    Message 1 of 174 , Feb 22, 2011
      Short answer: additional source material. While I've done F&I, AWI, and CW re-enacting, I'm now mostly interested in historical research using primary sources. That doesn't mean, though, that I can't/won't be persuaded to again shoulder a musket or live out of a knapsack.

      Jim Brenner
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "johnjogden@..." <johnjogden@...> wrote:

      > Welcome aboard. What are you interested in accomplishing via this list? Many, but not all, members reenact the conflict. If your interests run that direction, you are close to at least three US units (probably more).  I am not sure which British units would be closest to you, but I am sure that you can find a billet to accommodate your interests.
      >

      > -- Sent from my Palm Pre
      > On Feb 18, 2011 7:47 AM, James jasbrenner@... wrote:

      > Good morning,
      >
      > As the (for now) newest member of this Group, here's a little bit about me. I grew up in Ohio, retired from the Army a few years ago, and am particularly interested in the W1812 in the Northwest, with special emphasis on Ohio's regular, volunteer, and militia units. Home for me is NE Ohio.
      >

      > Jim Brenner

    • Jim & JoAnn Gallen
      Message 174 of 174 , Dec 19, 2013
        Jim,

        Welcome to the group?  We will look forward to your posts.

        Jim Gallen