Re: Ideal W1812 bibliography?

  • whittakermp
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 6, 2011
      Sarah

      RE: Following is a list I am compiling for the government.

      Which government?

      Michael Whittaker
    • seascoutleader
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 7, 2011
        Sarah:
        Great List.
        I am sure that, as in the book listed below, others will have additions to the list.
        I suggest that as was the case of the Sutlers list, that you make a word file and post it in the file section and as additions are sent to you, the file can be updated and then available to all, without upteen unclipped replies going on and on ad infinitum.

        My humble contribution for consideration for addition to your list:
        Four years on the Great Lakes, 1813-1816 : the journal of Lieutenant David Wingfield, Royal Navy
        by Wingfield, David, ca. 1789-1863.
        Contributors: Bamford, Don. ; Carroll, Paul, 1944-
        Year/Format: 2009, Book, 428 p.

        Your humble and obedient servant,
        Gregory F. Hunter, Esq.,
        Warranted Sailing Master,
        Crown Forces Naval Establishment

        aka
        Hunter
        On-Gwe-Ho-Way
      • Diane Williams
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2011
          A book that's available in text form on the internet through the Project
          Gutenberg
          Ned Myers: A Life Before the Mast by James Fenimore Cooper

          Notes about the book are here:
          http://external.oneonta.edu/cooper/articles/other/1997other-dudley.html

          The text is here and can be downloaded or read online:
          http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/9788

          I'm using Cooper's authentic dialogue of the era to help me with writing my
          screenplay about my ggg grandfather who was a privateer during the War of 1812.

          ~~Diane Williams

          [the entire ideal bibliography was attached at this point, because Diane just hit "reply" to a prior message that had it (and other stuff too, for that matter) and didn't snip it out. Diane is already on moderated status, so I did. Digest users: you're welcome. I also modified the subject line to something more useful. - Jim Yaworsky]