Small-tent

  • Kyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2011
      I am curious about any regulations to tent-size during the war or prior to the war.

      Would there be any sort of documentation as to a one man fly/"dog-tent" as we call it in modern terms?
    • Mark Dickerson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2011
        Are you asking for British, American, militia, native.? The archives of
        this site should have previous discussions on tents.

        I cannot recall seeing any such tents in period sketches or paintings for
        the British army, and I cannot comment on American, militia or native. The
        104th may have used such things on their winter march from New Brunswick in
        addition to the pine huts that were constructed.

        Mark Dickerson

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2011
          The smallest tent used by both sides was the common tent. The dimensions and construction details were slightly different but that was the smallest tent there were no dog tents but there was a shed tent used by the US which was basically half a common tent.

          Steve Allie