Newly joined

  • mikerendell1801
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hi. I recently joined the group even though my main area of interest is in the 18th century. However on the basis that anyone involved in the War of 1812 will have been born in the previous century, and will have been affected by the fashions and lifestyle and medical knowledge which prevailed, I wanted to learn more. By way of background I have just written a book about an ancestor who was an English hosier and who died in 1801 (see my website which is at http://mikerendell.com).
      Unfortunately as I live in Spain (well, when I am not in the U.K.) I am unlikely to be attending any re-enacting events but that will not stop me enjoying reading the posts and hopefully throwing relevant facts into the pot from time to time.
      Mike