Rifle regt. uniform picture link

  • Raoul
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2011
      Greetings,
      I saw this on rev list today and thought to share it here.
      Three nice views of different Rifle uniforms.
      http://canadauk51.webs.com/img170.jpg
      Bye, Raoul
    • Vince Wilding
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2011
        I'm sure the guy on the right is wishing the guy on the left would aim
        elsewhere.

        --
        Vince Wilding, AKA Honest Jock Matlow
        www.HJMatlow.com | www.Mirthalicious.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2011
          It is the part of the manual of arms known as cocking your firelock.

          Ron

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1 8:36 AM
            As a rifleman myself...Cool. (: Thanks for sharing.

            Amanda K. Nebel
            Capt. Edward Aisquith's Sharpshooters
            1st Maryland Rifle Battalion

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Raoul" <raoulmallalieu@...> wrote:

            > Greetings,
            > I saw this on rev list today and thought to share it here.
            > Three nice views of different Rifle uniforms.
            > http://canadauk51.webs.com/img170.jpg
            > Bye, Raoul

          • larrylozon
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1 3:02 PM
              To all USA Riflemen

              the photo we are talking about
              is the cover of

              Osprey Military MEN-AT-ARMS 345
              The United States Army 1812-1815
              James L Kochan David Rickman
              ISBN 1 84176 051 X

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 3 11:54 AM
                Hi Amanda,
                I was curious about Aisquith's. I haven't been able to find out much about the group. Will they be participating at any events this season?
                My daughter has started colledge in MD and I hoped to combine a visit to her with a chance to see the group on the field.
                Thanks,
                Raoul
                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Neebs" <anebel_engineeringnjazz@...> wrote:

                > As a rifleman myself...Cool. (: Thanks for sharing.
                >

                > Amanda K. Nebel
                > Capt. Edward Aisquith's Sharpshooters
                > 1st Maryland Rifle Battalion
                >

                > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Raoul" <raoulmallalieu@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Greetings,
                > > I saw this on rev list today and thought to share it here.
                > > Three nice views of different Rifle uniforms.
                > > http://canadauk51.webs.com/img170.jpg
                > > Bye, Raoul

              • Neebs
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 4 6:16 AM
                  We definitely will be. Which events I can't say for sure, other than that we always participate at North Point/Ft. Howard (because it is our event and we were actually there in 1814)--the Sunday before Labor Day--and at Ft. McHenry's Star Spangled Banner Weekend--usually the weekend after. If you're looking for an earlier event, we usually participate at Havre de Grace in May and we have a new event we are doing in June that is in the Dundalk/Baltimore area. If you want a full (if tentative) schedule, feel free to email me off-list and I'll get you the list of dates from our Lieutenant.