Re: 1812 Sent To Me By A Friend

  • Greedo di Avarice
    Message 1 of 40 , Jan 3, 2011
      Here is one comment you just gotta wonder about.

      *
      THE BRITISH SHALL NEVER TAKE THE AMERICAN SPIRIT & MOST OF ALL
      THE AMERICAN PRIDE AWAY FROM US GOD BLESS THE GREAT UNITED STATES OF
      AMERIC & GOD BLESS THE MEN WHO RISKEDTHEIR LIVES TO KEEP THAT PROUD
      SYMBOL OF OUR GREAT NATION FLYING GOD BLESS THE GREAT UNITED STATES OF
      AMERICA & GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS &LONG LINE THE GREAT UNITED STATES OF
      AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      j241865 <http://www.youtube.com/user/j241865> 2 weeks ago
      This guy has got to be a "troll." I don't have any other reasonable
      hypothesis.

      don

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mathews" <memathews@...>
      wrote:

      > I've never posted a comment to YouTube. until now. The saddest part
      is all
      > the postings from my countrymen who believe it's a true recounting.
      As I

    • annbwass@aol.com
      Message 40 of 40 , Jan 12, 2011
        Well, Iof course know to do that--I'm a Ph.D. historian and am well plugged into the 1812 network ( I know Scott Sheads, for example.) The point I am making is that we are dealing with a total outsider here. He now knows about this list, because list members contacted him. The pastor is from Salinas, California--not a lot of War of 1812 sites around there! So what about other more or less clueless folks who don't even know where to begin to look? Let us hope that all of our efforts to publicize the up-coming bicentennial really do raise awareness on the part of the general public. And imaybe we can get accurate curriculum into the schools, and get people to actually visit our historic sites, where we need to be sure to provide accurate information as well as a guide for further research, if folks are interested.

        Okay, I'll step down from my soapbox now.

        Ann Wass