Re: 1812 Peter Postlethwaite (1946-2011)

  • Diane Williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
      He was a terrific actor. :-(

      ~~Diane W.

      From: larrylozon <larrylozon@...>
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, January 3, 2011 1:32:48 PM
      Subject: 1812 Peter Postlethwaite (1946-2011)

      I guess Bernard Cornwell's idea of having Sergeant Obadiah Hakeswell's twin brother make a appearance is dashed now.

      Yrs.,
      L2

      --- Ray Hobbs wrote:

      Pete Postlethwaite, best known in our circles for his brilliant
      portrayal of Sergeant Obadiah Hakeswell in the Sharpe series, died ..."

    • Tim Pickles
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
        Lets not forget some of our number played oposite him in Last of the Mohicans and what will Kaiser Sosay do now that he has lost Mr. Kobiashi?

        Aye

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
          That is where I first saw him. When he played Captain Beams while shooting Last of the Mohicans.

          That is where I also first met Steve Abolt, B. Jennings and Dale Dye

          Yrs.,
          L2

        • johnjogden@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
            Well, there goes the first choice to play Sam Vimes if/when further Diskworld adaptations are made...

            -- Sent from my Palm Pre
            On Jan 3, 2011 2:47 PM, Diane Williams <diane_williams@...> wrote:

            He was a terrific actor. :-(

            ~~Diane W.

            From: larrylozon <larrylozon@...>

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
              I was saddened to hear the news this morning. A wonderful actor, I was
              never disappointed by one of his portrayals. And he will forever be the
              definitive Obadiah. RIP.

              Michael

              "We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we
              must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

              _____