Peter Postlethwaite (1946-2011)

  • larrylozon
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
      I guess Bernard Cornwell's idea of having Sergeant Obadiah Hakeswell's twin brother make a appearance is dashed now.

      Yrs.,
      L2

      --- Ray Hobbs wrote:

      Pete Postlethwaite, best known in our circles for his brilliant
      portrayal of Sergeant Obadiah Hakeswell in the Sharpe series, died ..."
    • HAROLD DENNISON
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
        I think Glenn Stott is available!   :)

        Hal Dennison
        www.JustDreamLife.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
          My thoughts exactly, Hal.
          I thought Glenn did a great job of staring into his shako, and
          muttering something about his mother at a Fort Erie event a few years
          back.
          Not sure that Glenn is good-looking enough, though :-)
          Ray

          On 3-Jan-11, at 1:40 PM, HAROLD DENNISON wrote:

          > I think Glenn Stott is available!�� :)
          >
          > Hal Dennison
          > www.JustDreamLife.com
          > �

        • Diane Williams
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
            He was a terrific actor. :-(

            ~~Diane W.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
              Lets not forget some of our number played oposite him in Last of the Mohicans and what will Kaiser Sosay do now that he has lost Mr. Kobiashi?

              Aye

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
                That is where I first saw him. When he played Captain Beams while shooting Last of the Mohicans.

                That is where I also first met Steve Abolt, B. Jennings and Dale Dye

                Yrs.,
                L2

              • johnjogden@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
                  Well, there goes the first choice to play Sam Vimes if/when further Diskworld adaptations are made...

                  -- Sent from my Palm Pre
                  On Jan 3, 2011 2:47 PM, Diane Williams <diane_williams@...> wrote:

                  He was a terrific actor. :-(

                  ~~Diane W.

                  From: larrylozon <larrylozon@...>

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
                    I was saddened to hear the news this morning. A wonderful actor, I was
                    never disappointed by one of his portrayals. And he will forever be the
                    definitive Obadiah. RIP.

                    Michael

                    "We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we
                    must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

                    _____