Piping aboard

  • insolentmaster
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2010
      Ahoy! Piping aboard as directed.
      My name is John Taylor. I am joing the W1812 forum for more direct information related to upcoming activities. I am the secretary for the Age of Sail Maritime Alliance (ASMA) and many of our members are also members of your forum as we are historical reenactor/ educators for the Seven Years War through the W1812. There are 40 member boats plus crews located through Canada down the East coast to Virginia. Most of these groups are tied in to an umbrella org. I am located near New Bedford, Massachusettes and am the owner of a modest gaff rigged, sailing gunboat (hull 18+feet, overall length=26' ) named "Insolent". As I will be continuing to participate in future W1812 events and the pace will quicken with the anniversary years upon us, now is a good time to stay closely tied to the forum for participation information.

      Most of my reenacting experience is related to the American War of Independance and I am a member of an infantry group (1st New Jersey Volunteers...a Loyalist group) and also a member of the Royal Irish Artillery group located in Massachusettes. I reenact all three age-of-sail American conflicts from F&I through the W1812. I am building a new crew after having recently moved to Massachusettes from Pennsylvania.
      -J. Taylor (aka InsolentMaster)