John Taylor - new member - self-introduction

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2010
      Ahoy!
      My name is John Taylor. I am joining the W1812 forum for more direct information related to upcoming activities. I am the secretary for the Age of Sail Maritime Alliance (ASMA) and no doubt many of our members are also members of your forum as we are historical reenactor/ educators for the Seven Years War through the W1812. We have 40 member boats/ crews located through Canada down the East coast to Virginia. I am located near New Bedford, Massachusettes and am the owner of a modest sailing gunboat (hull 18+feet, overall length=26' ) named "Insolent". As I will be continuing to participate in future W1812 events and the pace will quicken with the anniversary years upon us, now is a good time to stay closely tied to the forum for participation information.

      Most of my reenacting experience is related to the American War of Independance and am a member of an infantry group (1st New Jersey Volunteers...a Loyalist group) and also a member of the Royal Irish Artillery group located in Massachusetts. I reenact (correctly attired) all three age of sail American conflicts from F&I through the W1812 as that is within the charter of the ASMA group. I am building a new crew after having recently moved to Massachusetts from Pennsylvania and will be bringing as many as can deal with the long drives.
      John Taylor
      The Insolent Coxswain 610-745-1666