OgdensburgFfeb 19 and 20th , 2011

  • Rob Irvine
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2010
      I am passing on the following info for the 2011 Ogdensburg winter re-enactment.It is a lot of fun and gives one a chance to inhale some BP smoke to tide us over till the summer battles start.
      Bob Irvine

      The Battle of Ogdensburg

      The War of 1812 Battle Re-enctment

      2011

      Dear Re-enactor:

      At this time I wish to invite you to the 27th Annual Battle of Ogdensburg

      Re-enactment. The event is scheduled for February 19 & 20, 2011 in Ogdensburg, New York. Across the St. Lawrence River from Prescott Ont. The Battle of Ogdensburg commemorates the February 22, 1813 battle when British forces crossed the frozen St. Lawrence and attacked the U.S. base in Ogdensburg. The re-enactment will be held at lighthouse point, which was part of the actual battlefield.

      The registration and warming area will be at the Ogdensburg Recreation Center on Riverside Avenue. This building will also be available for free overnight accommodations. (You will need to bring your cot and sleeping bags) If you desire to stay at the recreation center I need to know date of arrival, how many nights of lodging you desire and approximate time of arrival. Accommodations may be reserved at the nearby Gran-View Quality Inn their phone number is (315) 393-4550

      Lunch on Saturday and Sunday will be provided, as well as a Saturday night dinner. The time and location of the dinner to be announced. Registration starts at 10:00 am Saturday morning at the Recreation Center. Officers call at 11:30, lunch at Noon. Units will start to form up at 1 pm and the battle at Light House Point is scheduled for 1:30 pm. At 2:30 there will a guided walking tour over the actual battle site. There will be a English Contra Dance Saturday Night. Sunday will follow Saturday�s timetable.

      Forsyth�s Rifles Inc., is honored to host this event. Please contact me by February 1, 2011 if you plan to participate. I would like the number of re-enactors attending and if you plan on staying at the recreation center Friday/Saturday night. For further information contact me at 280 Jones Road, Madrid, New York 13660, or phone me at (315) 322-5519. My e-mail is tcryderman1@.... Or you can contact President Dana Denhoff 7438 US HWY 11, Potsdam NY, 13676 phone 265-9408 e-mail dancinghawk57@...

      Thank you and I hope to see you soon.

      Yours truly,

      Tim Cryderman, Event Chair
      Forsyth�s Rifles Inc.

    • Soo
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2010
        For accommodations, there is also the Stone Fence resort. Closer,less expensive, and includes a very good breakfast.

        Sue Too

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Irvine" <rirvine4@...> wrote:

        > I am passing on the following info for the 2011 Ogdensburg winter re-enactment.It is a lot of fun and gives one a chance to inhale some BP smoke to tide us over till the summer battles start.
        > Bob Irvine
        >

        > The Battle of Ogdensburg
        >
        > The War of 1812 Battle Re-enctment
        >
        > 2011
        >

        > Dear Re-enactor:
        >

        > At this time I wish to invite you to the 27th Annual Battle of Ogdensburg
        >
        > Re-enactment. The event is scheduled for February 19 & 20, 2011 in Ogdensburg, New York. Across the St. Lawrence River from Prescott Ont. The Battle of Ogdensburg commemorates the February 22, 1813 battle when British forces crossed the frozen St. Lawrence and attacked the U.S. base in Ogdensburg. The re-enactment will be held at lighthouse point, which was part of the actual battlefield.
        >

        > The registration and warming area will be at the Ogdensburg Recreation Center on Riverside Avenue. This building will also be available for free overnight accommodations. (You will need to bring your cot and sleeping bags) If you desire to stay at the recreation center I need to know date of arrival, how many nights of lodging you desire and approximate time of arrival. Accommodations may be reserved at the nearby Gran-View Quality Inn their phone number is (315) 393-4550
        >

        > Lunch on Saturday and Sunday will be provided, as well as a Saturday night dinner. The time and location of the dinner to be announced. Registration starts at 10:00 am Saturday morning at the Recreation Center. Officers call at 11:30, lunch at Noon. Units will start to form up at 1 pm and the battle at Light House Point is scheduled for 1:30 pm. At 2:30 there will a guided walking tour over the actual battle site. There will be a English Contra Dance Saturday Night. Sunday will follow Saturday's timetable.
        >

        > Forsyth's Rifles Inc., is honored to host this event. Please contact me by February 1, 2011 if you plan to participate. I would like the number of re-enactors attending and if you plan on staying at the recreation center Friday/Saturday night. For further information contact me at 280 Jones Road, Madrid, New York 13660, or phone me at (315) 322-5519. My e-mail is tcryderman1@... Or you can contact President Dana Denhoff 7438 US HWY 11, Potsdam NY, 13676 phone 265-9408 e-mail dancinghawk57@...
        >

        > Thank you and I hope to see you soon.
        >

        > Yours truly,
        >

        > Tim Cryderman, Event Chair
        > Forsyth's Rifles Inc.

      • whittakermp
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 14, 2010
          For accommodation in O'burg there are also:

          WHITE GATE INN, 503 Caroline St. 393-1391, cell 323-4360, www.whitegatebedandbreakfast.com, e-mail Whitegate@...

          Wishing Wells Motel, 1200 New York Ave, Ogdensburg 315-393-6309;

          WINDJAMMER Motel, 5843 State Highway 37,www.windjammerlodge.com, 315-393-6300.

          WAY BACK IN, 247 Proctor Ave. 393-3844, www.waybackinbb.com, E-mail: rgoldbe1@....

          Remember the bicentennial of the Battle of the Burg is in 2013. Time enuogh to plan ahead.

          Michael Whittaker