Re: 1812 Sequel to Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World?

  • Tim Pickles
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 11, 2010
      The intention was always to do a sequel, posibly several, however what sunk the idea was the cost of the CG work, the picture was sucsessful but not THAT successful! That said the costumes and I think props were bought outright and the costumes at least are still owned by the production company and in store for further use so who knows?

      Aye

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 11, 2010
        You are correct. All the swords, dirks, gun tools, boarding pikes, plates, leather gear etc. were purchased. After the film was in the can, Crowe ordered an additional six genleman's cutlasses (used in the final scenes) to give to friends. Apparently he liked them.

        Beau

        ekwardle@... writes:

[...]

      • Charlie Quesenberry
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 12, 2010
          Yes!!! (Where do I sign up...should they need a stand-in ships surgeon??)

        • Vince Wilding
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 13, 2010
            Hey, Doc! Good luck, I hear that Paul Bettany may not be playing Stephen in the future!

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Charlie Quesenberry <charliequ2@...> wrote:

            > Yes!!! (Where do I sign up...should they need a stand-in ships surgeon??)

          • Tom Hurlbut
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 13, 2010
              Wow! Where did you hear that? That would be too bad as he's excellent!

              If they did a sequel, I would hope we'd see more of the spy work that
              Stephen was so good at (and maybe too, a little of Jack's philandering?).

              Although the ship Vs ship stuff is always entertaining..

              Tom

              _____

              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com> ,
              Charlie Quesenberry <charliequ2@...> wrote:

              > Yes!!! (Where do I sign up...should they need a stand-in ships surgeon??)

            • David
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 18, 2010
                I had already read that there was a sequel to be done and Everyone but Crowe had signed on. Last I heard he had and it was to be based on the book Reverse of the Medal( for those who have read the series). I am sure it is comong but we shall see. I am sure all are waiting on the one big issue of MONEY.
                Merry Christmas
                Dave G