War of 1812 Displays

  • madgelse@shaw.ca
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2010
      Greetings

      Is anyone aware of any museums that will be offering travelling displays related to the War of 1812 theme that can be loaned for an event?

      Thanks

      David

    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2010
        Hello David, the Canadian War Museum was working on one, but I haven't heard
        what the status of that is. The USN is planning one as well, but again, I
        don't know the status....

        I hope this helps

        Kevin Windsor, Curator

        Niagara Falls History Museum

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2010
          Not sure if it is still in use, the Ontario Archives put together a very nice one a couple of years ago based on materials held in its collections.

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, <madgelse@...> wrote:

          > Greetings
          >
          > Is anyone aware of any museums that will be offering travelling displays related to the War of 1812 theme that can be loaned for an event?
          >

          > Thanks
          >

          > David

        • jbwhittaker
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2010
            We had this one on loan at the Georgina Pioneer Village a few years ago. Worth having if it is still available.
            J. Bruce Whittaker