1812 Desperate times on the River Raisin...

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2010
      I gather that the Frenchtown folks are unable to reinvest their revenue on site. The revenue from the muster that brings in over $100,000 would pay for itself and all other events. Their general admission fees should be able to cover their staff costs. Perhaps this is what they should propose to the State--simply the concept of making the site into a business unit with revenue reinvested in salaries and goods and services on site. The State could remain responsible for the capital budget. This would reduce the burden on the taxpayer while keeping the site thriving if managed well.

      Ron Dale

      .