Re: Waterloo porridge ?

  • Soo
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
      No, no, no Pete! It was the McLean part that caused the confusion! LOL

      I'll contact a friend in Devon and see if he has ever heard this term.
      Come to think of it, the old folks up north had a term (that I can't remember) for tea during the depression (and maybe earlier). The "tea" consisted of hot water, milk, and maybe sugar. Waterloo porridge is probably similar.

      Sue Too