Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering - Saturday, Dec. 4th, Hamilton, ON

  • Spencer's Mercantile
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2010
      Thanksgiving greetings, everyone, especially our American friends and
      neighbours --

      Just a quick reminder that the Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering
      is coming up quickly -- next Saturday, in fact! -- in Hamilton,
      Ontario. We're in our great new home at The Discovery Centre, 57
      Discovery Drive -- right on the harbour, quite near the HMCS Haida and
      HMCS Star. The event will be open for your shopping pleasure from 10:00
      am to 4:00 pm, and both admission and onsite parking are free! All of
      the usual suspects in terms of merchants will be in attendance, plus a
      few new additions who'll be bringing some exciting new wares to show you.

      Rounding out the day will be a number of displays from local historic
      sites, re-enactment groups, and the like, as well as music by Steve
      Fuller. Light refreshments will be available to purchase inside the
      event courtesy of Willams Fresh Cafe, and for those wishing a full meal,
      there is a full Willams Cafe across the parking lot from the Centre --
      and of course Four and Twenty Blackbirds will be there with their fine
      goodies to eat on the spot or take along home. The Hamilton Waterfront
      Trust has been hard at work installing an artificial skating rink right
      next to the Centre, and, weather willing, it is scheduled to open the
      weekend of the event -- so think about throwing your skates into your
      trunk as well! There will be a silent auction in support of next year's
      event, and door prizes will be given -- including a very special door
      prize for one lucky person who attends in period dress!

      A full listing of participating merchants and display groups, a link to
      a map to the site, and further information are available at
      http://www.historicmerchants.com/xmasgathering.htm.

      Please feel free to contact me off-list at
      info(at)spencersmercantile.com if you have any questions.

      Hope to see you there!
      -- Sioux