War of 1812 Casualty Database

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2010
      Good morning list

      I would like to give an update on the progress of this project to date.

      We have been thrilled to see so many prominent historians come forward with their encouragement, support and research to help augment the detailed research that we have been commissioning at the PRO in Kew, England.

      The database is now an incredible 2500 names!

      There are many, many regiments to still research in detail.

      Soon to be added will be a dropdown search field for the major actions.

      I would like to recognize Chris McKay of the Upper Thames Military Reenactment Society (Royal Scots Lights) for the countless hours and tireless energy pushing this project forward. Also to be recognized is Chris Wedlake who takes our funky ideas and brings them to life on the website. I would also like to thank the UTMRS and the 41st MLHG for supporting us and making this collaborative venture possible!

      Check out the latest version of the site at:

      http://www.1812casualties.org/

      Your most humble and obedient Servant,

      Tom Fournier
      41st Regiment of Foot