FW: Seeking Two Hosts for History Television Series

  • David Brunelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2010
      FYI

      David J. Brunelle, OCT

      Project Director

      Southern Georgian Bay

      War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee

      705-716-7124

      Hello,

      I am writing to let you know about a casting we are doing for History
      Television.

      It is for a new television show that takes a look at ordinary places to
      discover the extraordinary histories behind them.

      We are seeking two hosts (one male, one female) who have a great passion for
      history and would be fun to watch on TV.

      Please find the casting notice attached for all details (let me know if you
      have any trouble opening it). I have also copied and pasted the notice
      below so you can quickly review the information.

      If you know of anyone who'd be great for this, we'd really appreciate it if
      you could forward this notice to them. Or please post it where history buffs
      can see it! The deadline for submissions is Friday, December 3, 2010.

      If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this email.

      Best,

      Sheena

      It Happened Here is the anti-historic plaque tour. We will never visit Laura
      Secord's house or the Plains of

      Abraham. On this show we are more likely to knock on the door of a certain
      house in Toronto's leafy Annex

      neighborhood. Our camera will capture the look on the face of the current
      resident when we tell her a man

      was shot to death on the front porch in 1915 leading to a media frenzy and
      sensationalist trial. Then it's off

      to the city archives to look for the court report and find out exactly what
      happened. The victim: a member

      of one of Canada's richest families.

      The two hosts of It Happened Here reveal how the ordinary looking places you
      drive by everyday have

      incredible histories to tell. These stories are hidden behind walls,
      underneath your feet, or stuffed in old filing

      cabinets. You have to know where to look.

      Seeking two hosts, one male and one female, who will scour the country
      looking for the exact places where history happened.

      Male Host:

      Male, any race, 25-40. History Geek Boy is the kind of

      person who gets ridiculously excited when he finds out

      Babe Ruth hit his first professional home run in Toronto.

      He goes on a mission to find the exact spot where Babe

      was standing when he did it, calling upon an urban

      archeologist and surveyor to dodge airplanes on Toronto

      Island and map out the exact dimensions of long gone

      Island Stadium. He is a passionate, enthusiastic history

      buff who is crazy about searching for clues to unravel a

      great story from the past. Although a bit more cautious

      than his thrill-seeking hosting partner, he'll still go along

      for the ride, in the name of solving a history mystery!

      We're really seeking hosts to be part of the creative process,

      which will include research and writing too.

      RATE: Well paid position (Actra or Non Union)

      CONTRACT: April-September 2011

      Female Host:

      Female, any race, 25-40. The Lonely Planet Girl used

      to make her living updating the backpacker's bible to

      Canada. She's done more traveling in this country in

      the last year than you most will do in a lifetime and

      she's the ultimate problem solver. Need a bush pilot

      to help you find an old Gold Rush mine deep in the

      Yukon? No problem. Need someone to assure a Niagara

      Falls pawnshop owner that we're not going to call

      the cops about his WW2 German Lugar? Give her five

      minutes. And Lonely Planet Girl will whip History Nerd

      Boy into shape when he starts complaining about the

      cold, the long hikes or a leaky boat. We're really seeking

      hosts to be part of the creative process, which will

      include research and writing too.

      RATE: Well paid position (Actra or Non Union)

      CONTRACT: April-September 2011

      Submission Instructions:

      Please send a current photo, resume and a note explaining why you would be a
      fantastic host for

      this show. Also, if you have a story relating to the series we're covering,
      we would like to hear it.

      We encourage friends to audition together so if you and a pal of yours are
      both enthusiastic

      about history, send us an email telling us why you'd make a dynamic duo
      hosting team!

      Submission Deadline:

      DEADLINE: Friday, December 3rd, 2010

      Submit to: <mailto:ithappenedherehost@...>