Call for Papers - Living History Conference, 2011

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
      Living historians!

      Call for Papers

      What - 2011 Living History Conference
      When - Saturday, February 26th, 2011
      Where - Mohawk College Stoney Creek Campus, Hamilton

      This is a Call for Papers to be presented at the 2001 Living History
      Conference in Hamilton. The general theme is �Doing it Better�.
      Interested and qualified individuals are invited to submit proposals in
      the following categories:

      1. Historical subjects of interest to Living Historians
      2. Papers bridging history and living history
      3. Practical papers on the physical aspects of the hobby of Living
      History (e.g. weapons, clothing, food, housing, civilian life,
      domestic life)

      There will also be a more informal �Speaker�s Corner� which will be a
      moderated session in which short presentations can be made on topics of
      interest.

      Major presentations are limited to 45 minutes, including questions and
      answers.

      Proposals of no more than 50 (fifty) words, including title, should be
      sent by e-mail to me by Saturday, November 20th, 2010. My e-mail
      address is ray.hobbs@...
      Proposals will be given careful consideration by the Organizing
      Committee by the end of November.

      Put your thinking caps on, and polish up your writing and presentation
      skills.

      On behalf of the Living History Conference Organizing Committee

      Ray Hobbs

      PS: Further details of the Conference will be made available in the
      coming weeks.

      This e-mail was sent to the War of 1812 chat list, the Crown Forces
      list, the Progressive Campaigner list and the US Forces 1812 list.

    • drums1812@sympatico.ca
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
        $

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2010