Re: New 1812 book out

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2010
      I look forward to getting to the book next week. the NYRB article is
      very complimentary, and suggests a very balanced approach to the war.
      Viv Nelles, who endorses the book on the dust cover, is Professor of
      Canadian History at McMaster, a relative of the Nelles family of "The
      Forty" (Grimsby), and an American. Sort of reflects some of the
      complications of the war itself.
      Ray