Last Night - 41st Regiment Lecture Series

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2010
      Good morning list

      Last night we were very fortunate to feature Lt. Gen. Jonathon Riley of the British Army who is also the Master of the Royal Armouries as part of our regular lecture series.

      Jonathon shared with us some of his thoughts and perspectives on Major General Sir Isaac Brock and circumstances around the capture of Fort Detroit and the Battle of Queenston Heights based on his soon to be published biography on Brock.

      We are deeply appreciative of Lt. Gen. Riley making himself available for the evening in the midst of an busy travel itinerary taking him through Toronto, Washington and Chicago. We also appreciate the flexible of our wonderful patrons who were able to adjust to a Tuesday night offering.

      Jonathon was very struck and impressed by the incredible depth of knowledge by the members of the audience.

      As a small token of our appreciation, we sponsored the research on the 49th Regiment in the name of Lt. Gen. Riley for the War of 1812 Casualties Database. Thank you Chris McKay for getting this up so quickly!

      www.1812casualties.org

      To all list members who joined us last night, thank you! Your ongoing support makes this series possible and a pleasure for us to host.

      We have just concluded our 6th year. We will now go to work at identifying a speaker and a topic for our lucky 13th lecture in the spring of 2011.

      Truly, I remain,

      Your most humble and obedient Servant,

      Tom Fournier, Chairman
      41st Regiment of Foot MLHG