Cornwell's new book

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2010
      List;
      I know it is out of our period, but one could argue that it is a sort
      of prelude to the War of 1812.
      Bernard Cornwell's new book "The Fort" is on bookshelves now. It is the
      story of Fort George in Castine - originally Majabigwaduce - in 1779,
      during the Revolutionary War. Many of the characters in the novel are
      historical, for example, Lieutenant John Moore, of the retreat to
      Corunna fame.
      I picked it up this afternoon (and paid for it!!!!), and hope to get
      stuck into it this week-end.
      Yrs etc.
      Ray H
    • JGIL1812@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2010
        Ray,

        The book is excellent and a good read. I started it just before Mississinewa and have been entertained ever since.

        JG/RE