Re: War of 1812 events and bi-cetennials- a question

  • westhouse03
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 5, 2010
      On the calendar of events that I currently maintain, this (a listing of bicentennial year events) is already in existence. :)
      At the top link see Bicentennial and clicking that takes you to
      http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id12.html

      If you have dates already in mind send them to me and they will be posted. Info on the event with details is good too. I usually post that information here. We've looked at another site for a calendar but the above site offers the simplicity of a list. Links are included when available.

      I'll take a look at putting the list into region listings as well.

      Dave.

      Re: War of 1812 events and bi-centennials- a question

      I wonder if it is time for those of us on this list to begin to put together a list of events for the bicentennial years. In talking with several members, they have already started to indicate that there will be conflicts (mid-June, 2012, for example). Perhaps we could ask someone (*coughDavecough*) to start this list and sites could email them with their plans and links - many do this already for upcoming years, but we need to start thinking further ahead.
      I wonder too, if there's a way to seperate events by region - Great Lakes, Southern US, Chesepeake, St. Lawrence, for example. It would be very handy to be able to see all the events in the Great Lakes region for 2014 at a glance.

      Thanks,

      Chris McKay

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Rachel Coman <naeventsabroad@...> wrote:

      > Hi Sarah
      >
      > Thank you for the links, these are going to prove really useful
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Rachel
      > Â The Napoleonic Association Ltd is a Company limited by guarantee of its
      > members and is registered in England under Number 3220598.
      > Registered Office: 7 Fairoak Way, Baughurst, Tadley, Hampshire, RG26 5NT
    • David Brunelle
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 5, 2010
        The Southern Georgian Bay War of 1812 website will be up and running
        hopefully by the end of the month. I would be happy to include Chris
        suggestion and I could direct our web designer to include it in the design
        as we speak! Let me know!

        David J. Brunelle, OCT

        Project Director

        Southern Georgian Bay

        War of 1812 Committee

        705-716-7124

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com> ,
        Rachel Coman <naeventsabroad@...> wrote:

        > Hi Sarah
        >
        > Thank you for the links, these are going to prove really useful
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Rachel
        > Â The Napoleonic Association Ltd is a Company limited by guarantee of its
        > members and is registered in England under Number 3220598.
        > Registered Office: 7 Fairoak Way, Baughurst, Tadley, Hampshire, RG26 5NT
        >

        > ________________________________

        York)

        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 5, 2010
          Thanks Dave! Disregard my last offer as it is already being done!

          I will of course provide a link!

          David J. Brunelle, OCT

          Project Director

          Southern Georgian Bay

          War of 1812 Committee

          705-716-7124

          On the calendar of events that I currently maintain, this (a listing of
          bicentennial year events) is already in existence. :)
          At the top link see Bicentennial and clicking that takes you to
          http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id12.html

          If you have dates already in mind send them to me and they will be posted.
          Info on the event with details is good too. I usually post that information
          here. We've looked at another site for a calendar but the above site offers
          the simplicity of a list. Links are included when available.

          I'll take a look at putting the list into region listings as well.

          Dave.

          Re: War of 1812 events and bi-centennials- a question

          I wonder if it is time for those of us on this list to begin to put together
          a list of events for the bicentennial years. In talking with several
          members, they have already started to indicate that there will be conflicts
          (mid-June, 2012, for example). Perhaps we could ask someone
          (*coughDavecough*) to start this list and sites could email them with their
          plans and links - many do this already for upcoming years, but we need to
          start thinking further ahead.
          I wonder too, if there's a way to seperate events by region - Great Lakes,
          Southern US, Chesepeake, St. Lawrence, for example. It would be very handy
          to be able to see all the events in the Great Lakes region for 2014 at a
          glance.

          Thanks,

          Chris McKay

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com> ,
          Rachel Coman <naeventsabroad@...> wrote:

          > Hi Sarah
          >
          > Thank you for the links, these are going to prove really useful
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Rachel
          > Â The Napoleonic Association Ltd is a Company limited by guarantee of its
          > members and is registered in England under Number 3220598.
          > Registered Office: 7 Fairoak Way, Baughurst, Tadley, Hampshire, RG26 5NT

        • shayna121
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 5, 2010
            Thanks Dave. I knew we could count on you!

            Sorry I didn't look into this before I sent that message.

            One other thing: I wonder if it would be advantageous to add a star, or bold the events that are actually Bicentennial events. For example, Longwoods on March 8th, 2014 could have a star, but the one in May 2014 is just another event. That way if there's a conflict, someone could quickly see which one is an anniversary event.

            Thanks,

            Chris