looking for metro NY area group

  • Raoul
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
      Greetings List,
      I'm seeking info on 1812 reenactment groups in between Platsburg NY and Annapolis MD. Primarily for battle but also for any regency style dances. As of yet I don't have any kit other than what may translate well from my rev war period kit. Will a 2nd model bess work for any of the impressions out there? (It will keep costs down)I have a seamstress willing to make a coat but will need advice on a pattern.
      Thanks for any help you can offer.
      Raoul Mallalieu
    • Iain Burns
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
        Raoul

        You may wish to consider our group http://www.the-black-watch-lha.org/1815/

        We have two impressions; our 1812 unit is a Centre Company of the 1st Royal Scots Reg't and the second is the 42nd Royal Highland Reg't for Napoleonic events.

        We are certainly not be the least expensive way to go, but we are in your area... our members are centred around New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and VA, and we have a new recruit in Mass.

        If you need further information, contact me through the website.

        Aye,
        Iain Burns

        To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
          hey Raoul,
          We met at Stony Point in July and discussed ECD in central NJ, but I don't think we talked about the 1812 company I'm in (3rd Regiment - the Buffs: http://www.3rdBuffs.org). We do events from the Chesapeake to Plattsburgh and Ogdensburg, and hope to get to Canadian events as the bicentennials approach.

          Our web site has information on uniforms, to which I can add more off list. The Bess is fine, as may be many of your RevWar accoutrements for the time being. The regimental and Shako are the two most noticeable requirements for your kit.

          Look for me at Plattsburgh if you're going (the dance alone is worth the trip) and you can meet the company and get your questions answered. Our membership is scattered from south of Philadelphia through NJ to upstate NY, NH and VT.

          ian

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Raoul" <raoulmallalieu@...> wrote:

          > Greetings List,
          > I'm seeking info on 1812 reenactment groups in between Platsburg NY and Annapolis MD. Primarily for battle but also for any regency style dances. As of yet I don't have any kit other than what may translate well from my rev war period kit. Will a 2nd model bess work for any of the impressions out there? (It will keep costs down)I have a seamstress willing to make a coat but will need advice on a pattern.
          > Thanks for any help you can offer.
          > Raoul Mallalieu

        • larrylozon
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
            Crown or USA Forces??

            check out

            http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
            http://usforces1812.tripod.com

            Yrs.,
            L2

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
              Thank you Larry for the helpful links.

              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "larrylozon" <larrylozon@...> wrote:

              > Crown or USA Forces??
              >
              > check out
              >
              > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
              > http://usforces1812.tripod.com
              >
              > Yrs.,
              > L2
              >
              > --- "Raoul" wrote:
              >
              > I'm seeking info on 1812 reenactment groups in between Platsburg NY and Annapolis MD.

            • Ed
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
                Raoul,

                I see that Ian and Iain have already proffered their repesctive units! On the southern edge of the spectrum, we Royal Marines are located primarily in MD, mostly the Baltimore to Annapolis area and operate throughout the mid-atlantic area.

                Cheers,

                Ed Seufert, CPL
                1812 Royal Marines

                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Raoul" <raoulmallalieu@...> wrote:

                > Greetings List,
                > I'm seeking info on 1812 reenactment groups in between Platsburg NY and Annapolis MD. Primarily for battle but also for any regency style dances. As of yet I don't have any kit other than what may translate well from my rev war period kit. Will a 2nd model bess work for any of the impressions out there? (It will keep costs down)I have a seamstress willing to make a coat but will need advice on a pattern.
                > Thanks for any help you can offer.
                > Raoul Mallalieu

              • Raoul
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
                  Hello Ian,
                  I didn't know you also did 1812. I had thought to do the American side first, but we'll see. I don't think I can make it for Plattsburg but when is the ball? I will be the Battle of Brandywine (rev war) on the 25/6th if your there I'm fielding with the 35th regt. Gren. coy, I hope to talk about it with you then, maybe you would bring along a sample of the 1812 coat and shako for me to see.
                  Let me know if your going, also if you know is there a dance planned for that one?
                  Bye for now,
                  Raoul

                  --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "ianjohns08060" <ianjohns@...> wrote:

                  > hey Raoul,
                  > We met at Stony Point in July and discussed ECD in central NJ, but I don't think we talked about the 1812 company I'm in (3rd Regiment - the Buffs: http://www.3rdBuffs.org). We do events from the Chesapeake to Plattsburgh and Ogdensburg, and hope to get to Canadian events as the bicentennials approach.
                  >
                  > Our web site has information on uniforms, to which I can add more off list. The Bess is fine, as may be many of your RevWar accoutrements for the time being. The regimental and Shako are the two most noticeable requirements for your kit.
                  >
                  > Look for me at Plattsburgh if you're going (the dance alone is worth the trip) and you can meet the company and get your questions answered. Our membership is scattered from south of Philadelphia through NJ to upstate NY, NH and VT.
                  >
                  > ian
                  >
                  > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Raoul" <raoulmallalieu@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Greetings List,
                  > > I'm seeking info on 1812 reenactment groups in between Platsburg NY and Annapolis MD. Primarily for battle but also for any regency style dances. As of yet I don't have any kit other than what may translate well from my rev war period kit. Will a 2nd model bess work for any of the impressions out there? (It will keep costs down)I have a seamstress willing to make a coat but will need advice on a pattern.
                  > > Thanks for any help you can offer.
                  > > Raoul Mallalieu

                • Ed Seufert
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
                    Iain,
                    Looks like we lost!

                    Ed Seufert, Cpl
                    1812 Royal Marines
                    I didn't know you also did 1812. I had thought to do the American side first, but we'll see. I don't think I can make it for Plattsburg but when is the ball? I will be the Battle of Brandywine (rev war) on the 25/6th if your there I'm fielding with the 35th regt. Gren. coy, I hope to talk about it with you then, maybe you would bring along a sample of the 1812 coat and shako for me to see.
                    Let me know if your going, also if you know is there a dance planned for that one?
                    Bye for now,
                    Raoul

                    --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "ianjohns08060" <ianjohns@...> wrote:

                    > hey Raoul,
                    > We met at Stony Point in July and discussed ECD in central NJ, but I don't think we talked about the 1812 company I'm in (3rd Regiment - the Buffs: http://www.3rdBuffs.org). We do events from the Chesapeake to Plattsburgh and Ogdensburg, and hope to get to Canadian events as the bicentennials approach.
                    >
                    > Our web site has information on uniforms, to which I can add more off list. The Bess is fine, as may be many of your RevWar accoutrements for the time being. The regimental and Shako are the two most noticeable requirements for your kit.
                    >
                    > Look for me at Plattsburgh if you're going (the dance alone is worth the trip) and you can meet the company and get your questions answered. Our membership is scattered from south of Philadelphia through NJ to upstate NY, NH and VT.
                    >
                    > ian
                    >
                    > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Raoul" <raoulmallalieu@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Greetings List,
                    > > I'm seeking info on 1812 reenactment groups in between Platsburg NY and Annapolis MD. Primarily for battle but also for any regency style dances. As of yet I don't have any kit other than what may translate well from my rev war period kit. Will a 2nd model bess work for any of the impressions out there? (It will keep costs down)I have a seamstress willing to make a coat but will need advice on a pattern.
                    > > Thanks for any help you can offer.
                    > > Raoul Mallalieu

                  • ianjohns08060
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 9, 2010
                      Raoul,
                      I will be at Brandywine (with the Loyal American Regiment) and will bring my regimental and shako. I don't believe they're planning a dance, but I may be wrong; see http://www.philadelphiacampaign.org.

                      The Macomb Ball at Plattsburgh is Saturday evening, with live music by Trio Arcanson. It's at Seton Academy, 23 St. Charles Street.

                      see ya,
                      ian

                      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Raoul" <raoulmallalieu@...> wrote:

                      > Hello Ian,
                      > I didn't know you also did 1812. I had thought to do the American side first, but we'll see. I don't think I can make it for Plattsburg but when is the ball? I will be the Battle of Brandywine (rev war) on the 25/6th if your there I'm fielding with the 35th regt. Gren. coy, I hope to talk about it with you then, maybe you would bring along a sample of the 1812 coat and shako for me to see.
                      > Let me know if your going, also if you know is there a dance planned for that one?
                      > Bye for now,
                      > Raoul
                      >
                      > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "ianjohns08060" <ianjohns@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > hey Raoul,
                      > > We met at Stony Point in July and discussed ECD in central NJ, but I don't think we talked about the 1812 company I'm in (3rd Regiment - the Buffs: http://www.3rdBuffs.org). We do events from the Chesapeake to Plattsburgh and Ogdensburg, and hope to get to Canadian events as the bicentennials approach.
                      > >
                      > > Our web site has information on uniforms, to which I can add more off list. The Bess is fine, as may be many of your RevWar accoutrements for the time being. The regimental and Shako are the two most noticeable requirements for your kit.
                      > >
                      > > Look for me at Plattsburgh if you're going (the dance alone is worth the trip) and you can meet the company and get your questions answered. Our membership is scattered from south of Philadelphia through NJ to upstate NY, NH and VT.
                      > >
                      > > ian
                      > >
                      > > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Raoul" <raoulmallalieu@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Greetings List,
                      > > > I'm seeking info on 1812 reenactment groups in between Platsburg NY and Annapolis MD. Primarily for battle but also for any regency style dances. As of yet I don't have any kit other than what may translate well from my rev war period kit. Will a 2nd model bess work for any of the impressions out there? (It will keep costs down)I have a seamstress willing to make a coat but will need advice on a pattern.
                      > > > Thanks for any help you can offer.
                      > > > Raoul Mallalieu

                    • Raoul
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 9, 2010
                        Hi Ian,
                        I'm trying to juggle my schedual to allow me to ride up Sat. eve in time for the ball and stay over for the battle Sun. Hate to miss the Sat. battle but it starts early, seems it can't be helped, oh well. I have been in contact with Forsythe's rifles and want to meet with them about an American impression, but I'm not opposed to more than one portrayal as needs dictate for small events etc.
                        I'll be sure to look for you,