Re: Civilians in the Midst of Alarums

  • Soo
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2010
      Tom,
      I hear you loud and clear!

      I see it as a way to attract newcomers who aren't sure if they're ready to do the military "thing", those of us who are getting longer in the tooth, and wives and children who wish to accompany dad while he pursues his hobby, but are not comfortable with the military role.

      And I can see some hilarious scenarios with the kids and "old guys" drilling as a sedentary militia. With Colour Sgt Monahan tearing his hair in frustration!! LOL

      Sue Too

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Colonel" <lehrerprofessoren@...> wrote:

      > Soo,
      > I think your idea of a civilian "town" and populace is a wonderful plan. I know I am fast approaching the limit of my participating as a soldier. More and more I feel the "...the mind is willing but the body cannot report for duty..." coming on. I am hoping for at least 2 more years in uniform, but then, who knows. It would be grand to know there would be a role for which my wife and I could register to portray at an event when I just can no longer be a "kid" anymore.
      >
      > Tom Moore

    • Colonel
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2010
        Soo,