Windmills at Niagara

  • Eric Bloomquist
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2010
      Esteemed List,
      Back in July, I contacted many of you regarding The New York Power Authority's proposal to install a wind farm off the Lake Ontario shore directly behind the 1726 French Castle.
      The proposed farm could include up to 166 individual turbines.

      Back in July, we asked the Niagara County Legislature to adopt a resolution opposing the Power Authority's plan. This they failed to do. Instead they appointed a committee to study the proposal.

      The committee is currently gathering public comment and it is essential that those who value Old Fort Niagara's historical integrity provide input.

      Please contract David Godfrey at DavGodfrey@... to voice your opposition to the Power Authority's vandalous scheme. David is the committee member tasked with gathering public comment. You can simply send him an email briefly stating your opposition, or forward the attached statement.

      We do not oppose wind power, only the construction of these massive modern wind turbines within the Fort's viewshed.

      The timetable is very short. Please contact Mr. Godfrey before Tuesday, September 14.

      Help insure that Old Fort Niagara's historical integrity is protected by acting now and by passing this email along to others who might assist our cause.

      Many thanks,

      Bob Emerson
      Executive Director
      Old Fort Niagara