Looking for a few good men! - Expedition to Sault Ste. Marie - September 22nd to the 26th/10

  • David Brunelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2010
      Hi Everyone,

      Ermatinger Clergue National Historic Site operated by the City of
      Sault Ste. Marie has a War of 1812 Rendezvous which they started last year
      and hire 10 re-enactors that I co-ordinate to come to the site and put on
      War of 1812 education and public programming. All expenses including gas,
      meals and hotels rooms are included and each participant gets a $400.00
      honorarium for spending as well. We depart from Penetanguishene on
      Wednesday evening on September 22nd and return the evening of Sunday,
      September 26th.

      We will also be visiting Fort St. Joseph Historic Site and some of the crew
      will be visiting Fort Mackinac (Passports Required) in full uniform as part
      of the trip as well.

      I am looking for compatible outgoing guys that are comfortable speaking to
      the public and to students and are capable of firing a musket and can do
      drill. Any other skills that you may have that can contribute to the
      education and public programming days i1s encouraged and please let me know.

      You must have at least a private redcoat impression or obtain one among
      other uniforms and accouterments you may wish to bring. A good knowledge of
      War of 1812 history is an asset and at this point I still have a few spots
      open.

      Request to attend will not be determined on a first come first serve basis
      but on your re-enactment experience and what public and educational skills
      and demonstrations you have to offer.

      If you are interested in attending or require more information please let me
      know!

      Look forward to hearing from you!

      David J. Brunelle, OCT

      Project Director