Re: 1812 Fall Napoleonic Battle Reenactment!

  • annbwass@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29 5:39 PM
      Thanks--I may make an appearance as a French lady.

      Ann Wass

      In a message dated 8/29/2010 8:33:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      mortician88@... writes:

      Hello Ann,
      In regards to 'times' Napoleonic events are ran
      typically like most time periods. On Friday (the 15th)
      late afternoon/early evening is when most participants
      will arrive. The French and Coalition Armies will both
      have separate camps, as will the cavalry. We normally
      just catch up with friends and partake in fermented
      hops and grapes Friday night.
      Saturday, (the 16th) I hear there is to be two scripted
      battle scenario's. Several outbuildings on the mansion
      grounds have small stone/brick walls around them and
      I think there's plans to incorporate them into one of the
      engagements. I think I heard possibly the first skirmish
      being held at 1:00 pm. As the event draws closer I'll
      try and give you a more accurate schedule.
      Sunday will also have one or two skirmishes. The cavalry,
      besides being involved in the battles, also do "heads & rings"
      demonstrations and other impressive drills.
      Please come on out, we would love to have you and bring
      a friend or two!
      with regards, Patrick Hubble
      _http://www.brigade-napoleon.org/_ (http://www.brigade-napoleon.org/)

      To: _WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com)
      From: _annbwass@..._ (mailto:annbwass@...)
      Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 23:08:59 -0400
      Subject: Re: 1812 Fall Napoleonic Battle Reenactment!

      Sounds interesting. Can you give us an idea of times?

      Ann Wass

      In a message dated 8/28/2010 5:49:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      _mortician88@..._ (mailto:mortician88@...) writes:

      Greetings to all,
      Brigade Napoleon would like to extend an
      invitation to everyone to a...
      1815 Fall Napoleonic Battle Reenactment, to be held
      at Rosaryville/Upper Marlboro, MD October 15-17, 2010
      at Mount Airy Mansion (east of Wash D.C.) It's held in
      conjunction with a wine & cheese festival at a
      gorgeous 18th century site. We are expecting at least
      30 mounted light & heavy French Cavalrymen! A site to
      behold if you have never seen it, especially Cuirassiers!
      Plus the normal compliment of infantry from various
      European nations. It's shaping up to be the big event
      ("Napoleonic-era wise") on the east coast. I hope that
      some of you will put us on your schedule! For directions
      or more information please visit our website at:
      __http://www.brigade-napoleon.org/__ (http://www.brigade-napoleon.org/_)
      (_http://www.brigade-napoleon.org/_ (http://www.brigade-napoleon.org/) )
      sincerement, Patrick Hubble,
      3rd Regiment d'Infanterie de 'Ligne