Backus Mills 1812 Event

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2010
      Greetings Everyone
      The Backus Mills 1812 Event<Port Rowan Ont.> is now available
      in both PDF and direct On-Line Registration. Event dates are
      Sep't 11th and 12th/10.
      I am happy to report that all the individuals that planned ,
      hosted, and effected last years highly successfull event are
      returning.The Saturday Dinner hosted by the LPRCA is also
      Returning!!!!
      Three battle scenario's and one, woods-skirmish are planned.
      The deadline for "individual reigistration" is August 27th.
      I will be conducting a Unit and Merchant survey this coming
      weekend at Fort Erie for the purpose of planning the camps.
      The link is www.lprca.on.ca/backus/1812/
      Best Regards Larry Hanna
      Norfolk Heritage Regiment
    • tom4141fournier
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2010
        Good afternoon list

        Sandra DeYoung asked that I help post some updated information around Backus ...

        LPRCA's website is now ready to accept on-line registration for September 11 & 12 War of 1812 Re-enactment event at Backus Mills

        The link is www.lprca.on.ca/backus/1812/

        You can also access it from the home page by clicking on the www.lprca.on.ca/backus conservation area button and when you go to the parks page, the 1812 info is right there.

        Registration forms have been set up separately for re-enactors and merchants and the website provides both on-line as well as a pdf version that can be downloaded and returned via fax or snail mail.

        All the individuals that hosted, planned, and effected last years successful event are returning. The Saturday dinner is also returning !!!

        Three battle scenario's and one tactical in the woods are being planned.

        The deadline for "Individual Registration" will be August 27th.

        On behalf of Larry Hanna, Norfolk Militia

        Sandra DeYoung, Chair

        Norfolk Militia

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <capt_haha@...> wrote:

        > Greetings Everyone
        > The Backus Mills 1812 Event<Port Rowan Ont.> is now available
        > in both PDF and direct On-Line Registration. Event dates are
        > Sep't 11th and 12th/10.
        > I am happy to report that all the individuals that planned ,
        > hosted, and effected last years highly successfull event are
        > returning.The Saturday Dinner hosted by the LPRCA is also
        > Returning!!!!
        > Three battle scenario's and one, woods-skirmish are planned.
        > The deadline for "individual reigistration" is August 27th.
        > I will be conducting a Unit and Merchant survey this coming
        > weekend at Fort Erie for the purpose of planning the camps.
        > The link is www.lprca.on.ca/backus/1812/
        > Best Regards Larry Hanna
        > Norfolk Heritage Regiment

      • Larry
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2011
          Hello Everyone
          Four and Twenty Blackbirds have cancelled their attendance
          for Backus due to a conflict with another event.
          There will be a vender operating a hamburger/hot dog stand
          as a fund raising effort for a school trip. They will be
          open Friday Evening,All day both Sat and Sun.
          Please be advised that the site will not be open for camp
          set-up until 12:00 noon on Friday Sep't 9th.we ask four your
          co-operation in this matter.
          Do to recomendations from the fire department merchants have
          had to be relocated as well.
          Note again:the Saturday evening meal has been canceled .You
          will need to provide all your own meals .
          Highlites
          There are Three Battle scenario's and one skirmish scheduled.
          SAT. 2:pm<Village>, Sat.Evening 7:pm<mill vally>, followed by
          Artillry Demo, Sun.2.pm <village>
          Sat.morning skirmish has been planned and hosted by James
          Braun from the 16th US and will be located in a new area.
          The Sat.Night Barn Dance will once again be hosted by Brenda
          Lightfoot,assisted by some of our camp musicians.
          Very special this year will be the SUNDAY MORNING MEMORIAL
          PARADE For 9/11,scheduled for 8:30 AM .All Reenacters on site
          are welome to attend!
          For a full schedule times and events please feel free to
          visit the Backus Site.
          Best Regards Larry Hanna
          and the Backus Organising Commitee.