Re: Ft. Erie sutlers

  • spencersmerc
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2010
      There will be 30 merchants and sutlers at Fort Erie. I spent the better part of the day laying out the row, and to say that we're crowded would be an understatement. (Merchants: bring your shoehorns and prepare to cross ropes!)

      Included are:
      4 and 20 Blackbirds
      Arnold Knives
      Beads, etc.
      Coghlin and Upton
      Cyrus Wakefield, Inc.
      Eldon Blanket Trading
      The Elegant Thimble
      Frontier Popcorn
      Glen Farms Past Times
      Great Lakes Confederacy
      Head of the Lake Trading
      Helen's Haberdashery
      Helmut and Co.
      Highland Trading
      Joseph the Chandler
      Linda's Early Fashions
      The Lion and the Unicorn
      The Lion's Den
      Lucy Locket Children's Wear
      Miss Linda's Millinery and the Frontier Artist
      The Norfolk Mercantile
      One Feather
      Penelope's Pots
      Pioneer Knives
      Rif Raf Trading
      Sew Historic
      The Shooter's Pouch
      Spencer's Mercantile
      Timber's Sutlery
      Weavinn

      I can't speak for others WRT Fort Meigs, but for myself, it now costs so incredibly much to cross the border into the US (legally, that is) that it simply doesn't make financial sense unless I've got two, or preferably three US events lined up in a row (not to mention the incredible investment of time that it takes to prepare for such a crossing). Particularly when the event has historically been small, like (alas!) Fort Meigs has been, I just can't afford to go for it alone. I am currently looking at an additional event next May in the US (different time period, though), that might allow me to make it to Fort Meigs as well. Fingers crossed, we'll see how it goes.

      FWIW,
      -- Sioux
      (Spencer's Mercantile)