Ft. Erie sutlers

  • John Ogden
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2010
      All,

      As a matter of curiosity, which sutlers (if any) are coming to Ft. Erie
      this weekend? I'll be there either way, but after the complete and total
      no-show at Ft. Meigs in May I'm curious...

      --
      John J. Ogden

    • spencersmerc
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2010
        There will be 30 merchants and sutlers at Fort Erie. I spent the better part of the day laying out the row, and to say that we're crowded would be an understatement. (Merchants: bring your shoehorns and prepare to cross ropes!)

        Included are:
        4 and 20 Blackbirds
        Arnold Knives
        Beads, etc.
        Coghlin and Upton
        Cyrus Wakefield, Inc.
        Eldon Blanket Trading
        The Elegant Thimble
        Frontier Popcorn
        Glen Farms Past Times
        Great Lakes Confederacy
        Head of the Lake Trading
        Helen's Haberdashery
        Helmut and Co.
        Highland Trading
        Joseph the Chandler
        Linda's Early Fashions
        The Lion and the Unicorn
        The Lion's Den
        Lucy Locket Children's Wear
        Miss Linda's Millinery and the Frontier Artist
        The Norfolk Mercantile
        One Feather
        Penelope's Pots
        Pioneer Knives
        Rif Raf Trading
        Sew Historic
        The Shooter's Pouch
        Spencer's Mercantile
        Timber's Sutlery
        Weavinn

        I can't speak for others WRT Fort Meigs, but for myself, it now costs so incredibly much to cross the border into the US (legally, that is) that it simply doesn't make financial sense unless I've got two, or preferably three US events lined up in a row (not to mention the incredible investment of time that it takes to prepare for such a crossing). Particularly when the event has historically been small, like (alas!) Fort Meigs has been, I just can't afford to go for it alone. I am currently looking at an additional event next May in the US (different time period, though), that might allow me to make it to Fort Meigs as well. Fingers crossed, we'll see how it goes.

        FWIW,
        -- Sioux
        (Spencer's Mercantile)