1812 Events for 2011?

  • larrylozon
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
      David

      Please send the info to Dave Westhouse westhouse(at)sympatico.ca

      So he can post it to the WAR Of 1812 Events at

      As all should send their event particulars.

      also

      All:

      If your unit has a new commander or if you have changed your email address contact the web master of http://usforces1812.tripod.com which is bjbashore(at)buckeye-express.com
      or http://1812crownforces.tripod.com which is lalozon(at)yahoo.com
      so others can contact your unit.

      Some commanders are not on this Yahoo Group

      Yrs.,

      L2

      United States Forces 1812
      http://usforces1812.tripod.com

      Crown Forces North America 1812
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      WAR Of 1812 Events

      Sutlers & Merchants
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants

      --- "David Brunelle" wrote:

      "... Wasaga under Siege "A War of 1812 Experience" will take place on July 22nd-24th /2011 at Nancy Island Historic Site ..."
    • westhouse03
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2010
        Thank you Tom.

        Many events are reoccurring each year and I have posted some of those to fill in 2011 a bit more. Some sites list their dates on their websites for the following year(s), some don't. Many dates come from emails to me and posts here.

        On the site I now have listed many more dates. Those that are listed in black are confirmed, those in red are not.
        http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/
        click on the tab at top for 2001 events.

        Dave.

        Listed now are;

        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        2011 WAR Of 1812 Events List
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

        Jan 7-9 . . . Battle of New Orleans - Chalmette, LA
        Jan 22 . . . River Raisin Memorial - Monroe, MI

        March 11-13 . . . New Orleans 1815 - St. Bernard Parish, LA

        Apr30-May1 . . . Battle of Longwoods - London, ON

        May 28-29 . . . Fort Meigs - Perrysburg, OH

        June 3-5 . . . Battle of Stoney Creek - Stoney Creek, ON
        June 10-11 . . . School of the Sailor - Kingston, ON

        July 16-17 . . . 1812 Encampment, Fort Niagara - Youngstown, NY
        July 22-24 . . . Wasaga Under Siege - Wasaga Beach, ON
        July 30-31 . . . Sackets Harbor - Sackets Harbor, NY
        July 30-31 . . . Fort Malden Timeline - Amherstburg, ON

        Aug 6-7 . . . Siege of Fort Erie - Fort Erie, ON
        Aug 13 . . . Bladensburg Encampment - Riverdale Park, MD

        Sept 3-4 . . . Fairfield - Thamesville, ON
        Sept 9-11 . . . Battle of Plattsburgh - Plattsburgh, NY
        Sept 10-11 . . . Backus Mill - Port Rowan, ON
        Sept 10-11 . . . Fort McHenry - Baltimore, MD

        Oct 1-2 . . . Fanshawe 1812 - London, ON
        Oct 7-9 . . . Mississinewa 1812 - Marion, IN

        Dec 3 . . . Historic Merchants Christmas Gathering - Hamilton, ON

        Thank you to Dave Westhouse for maintaining a list of events, from his work for
        next year, I can see:

        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        2011 WAR Of 1812 Events List
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

        Jan 7-9 . . . Battle of New Orleans - Chalmette, LA

        March 11-13 . . . New Orleans 1815 - St. Bernard Parish, LA

        Apr30-May1 . . . Battle of Longwoods - London, ON

        June 3-5 . . . Battle of Stoney Creek - Stoney Creek, ON
        June 10-11 . . . School of the Sailor - Kingston, ON

        July 16-17 . . . 1812 Encampment, Fort Niagara - Youngstown, NY

        Oct 1-2 . . . Fanshawe 1812 - London, ON

        Is that it? Not many to choose from in determing potential Crown Forces events
        next year ...

        Tom Fournier
        41st Regiment
      • Timothy Abel
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2010
          Sackets Harbor will be planning its annual War of 1812 weekend for August 6-7, 2011.

        • westhouse03
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 5, 2010
            Noted. The date listed would however move it a week later than it has been held since the event started. The event has traditionally been held on the Canadian Civic Holiday weekend, which in 2011 is July 30-Aug 1 weekend.

            Dave.