Sackets Harbor Grand Tactical 1812

  • Tom Hurlbut
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4 11:54 AM
      Well, I've finally had a chance to sit down and reflect on the sensational
      Grand Tactical at Sackets Harbor!

      Absolutely amazing! What a wonderful spot with fabulous people! And the
      weather co-operated as well! Simply the best anybody could ask for.

      On behalf of myself and my little boat's crew, I wish to thank Connie and
      her staff, the Alliance, and Crown and US forces for putting on such a
      splendid show! I know a little bit about running events and this one flowed
      seamlessly from one element to another. I appreciate everyone's hard work.

      I would like to express my particular appreciation to the naval re-enactors
      who came and made this GT one of the best ever. The vessels ranged from the
      outstanding "pink" schooner La Revenante to the diminutive but very
      impressive Ship's Company jolly boat, and all followed my lead (no matter
      how hard I tried to shake them off!).

      Sunday afternoon's naval tactical was much fun indeed!

      I'm hoping we can repeat the experience next year!

      Yours, Aye!

      "Commander" Tom