1812 Events 2011 was Sackets Harbor Grand Tactical 1812

  • larrylozon
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4 11:05 AM
      Victor

      If you visit http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist
      you will see what 1812 events that are "set in stone"

      Yrs.,
      L2

      United States Forces 1812
      http://usforces1812.tripod.com

      Crown Forces North America 1812
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      WAR Of 1812 Events

      Sutlers & Merchants
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants

      --- Victor Eiser wrote:

      Hi Larry,

      We are also working on our schedule for 2011 and would like to co=ordinate our plans with those of the CFNA ...
    • Tom Hurlbut
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4 11:54 AM
        Well, I've finally had a chance to sit down and reflect on the sensational
        Grand Tactical at Sackets Harbor!

        Absolutely amazing! What a wonderful spot with fabulous people! And the
        weather co-operated as well! Simply the best anybody could ask for.

        On behalf of myself and my little boat's crew, I wish to thank Connie and
        her staff, the Alliance, and Crown and US forces for putting on such a
        splendid show! I know a little bit about running events and this one flowed
        seamlessly from one element to another. I appreciate everyone's hard work.

        I would like to express my particular appreciation to the naval re-enactors
        who came and made this GT one of the best ever. The vessels ranged from the
        outstanding "pink" schooner La Revenante to the diminutive but very
        impressive Ship's Company jolly boat, and all followed my lead (no matter
        how hard I tried to shake them off!).

        Sunday afternoon's naval tactical was much fun indeed!

        I'm hoping we can repeat the experience next year!

        Yours, Aye!

        "Commander" Tom