Re: Sackets Harbor Grand Tactical 1812

  • Victor Eiser
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
      Hi Larry,

      We are also working on our schedule for 2011 and would like to co=ordinate our
      plans with those of the CFNA to avoid conflicts as much as possible. So far we
      have 3 secure dates for 2011
      * Feb 4-6 2011"Retreat from Moscow" @ North of Chicago IL
      * April 15-17 2011Ringwood Manor NJ
      * April 29-May 1 2011 Grand Tactique "Battle of Albuera" @ ANZA CA
      To the above we will probably add the following events (exact dates to be
      confirmed)
      * May or JuneTactical event @ Roseryville MD
      * JuneEcole de soldat @ Montreal, QC
      * JulyDays of Napoleon @ Belvidere, IL
      And then we'll fill in with other timeline or local events.

      I hope that your plans won't conflict with the 3 we have already set in stone,
      but for the rest, i will be happy to shift our dates away from the ones you
      plan, so that there is a better chance for the CFNA to try some of our events!

      Please keep me current with your tentative schedule.
      Best regards, VIVE L'EMPEREUR !

      Victor Eiser dit La Cuillère
      President, Brigade Napoleon
      3me Régiment d'infanterie de ligne, 2ème Bn
      1er Régiment des Grenadiers à pied de la Garde Impériale, 2ème Bn, 2ème Co

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
        Terry

        I assumed that Peter's meeting was to discuss Crown Forces Events

        Also

        I assumed he would contact USA Units before choosing a site for the GT (this year is in Canada)

        But I am only a messenger therefore your question should be addressed to

        Peter Twist ptwist(at)sympatico.ca

        thus to answer your question ... "I dunno"

        --- "Terry" wrote:

        Mr. Lozon,

        Does Mr. Twist plan on inviting US units to this meeting to discuss potential GT locations too?
      • larrylozon
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
          Victor

          If you visit http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist
          you will see what 1812 events that are "set in stone"

          Yrs.,
          L2

          United States Forces 1812
          http://usforces1812.tripod.com

          Crown Forces North America 1812
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

          WAR Of 1812 Events

          Sutlers & Merchants
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants

          --- Victor Eiser wrote:

          Hi Larry,

          We are also working on our schedule for 2011 and would like to co=ordinate our plans with those of the CFNA ...
        • Tom Hurlbut
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
            Well, I've finally had a chance to sit down and reflect on the sensational
            Grand Tactical at Sackets Harbor!

            Absolutely amazing! What a wonderful spot with fabulous people! And the
            weather co-operated as well! Simply the best anybody could ask for.

            On behalf of myself and my little boat's crew, I wish to thank Connie and
            her staff, the Alliance, and Crown and US forces for putting on such a
            splendid show! I know a little bit about running events and this one flowed
            seamlessly from one element to another. I appreciate everyone's hard work.

            I would like to express my particular appreciation to the naval re-enactors
            who came and made this GT one of the best ever. The vessels ranged from the
            outstanding "pink" schooner La Revenante to the diminutive but very
            impressive Ship's Company jolly boat, and all followed my lead (no matter
            how hard I tried to shake them off!).

            Sunday afternoon's naval tactical was much fun indeed!

            I'm hoping we can repeat the experience next year!

            Yours, Aye!

            "Commander" Tom